Chief Data Architect
About The Position
AllCloud is looking for a seasoned Technical Leader in the area of data flows and systems, with vast experience using AWS services. As our Chief Data Architect you will lead the solutions for our customers in their cloud migration journeys, while optimizing their data flows and building the needed layers of BI, AI and ML.
The Chief Data Architect will be responsible for analyzing the business needs and synthesizing a data-driven solution, using the right tools and services. You will produce complete models of the data architecture, considering security, functional and operational aspects, with accurate and robust documentation.
The ideal candidate is not afraid of data in any form or scale, and is experienced with industry tools to transfer, store and utilize data. The candidate enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple customers, systems and products.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Guide technical directions and provide deep technical skills in designing and implementing secure solutions in the world of data storage, processing, and advanced data analytics
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that will expand our data business and align with our customers’ strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Identify customer’s challenges and designing solutions to deliver value using the correct data-management\BI\AI tools and services
- Provide technical mentorship and support the team professional growth
- Act as a trusted technical advisor and strategic thought leader in the domain of data, AI and ML.
- Define and drive technology standards and best practices in the Data Platform areas, and lead all solutions
- Step-up to meet the constantly growing and changing environment of AWS and data management tools
Summary of Experience
- Excellent B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related fields
- More than 10 years of experience in leading technical positions.
- More than 3 years’ experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation, including 3+ years Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Hadoop ecosystem, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise as well as small business environments.
- Familiarity with Machine learning models and tools.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Customer facing skills to represent AllCloud in the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.