About The Position
AllClous is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The Data Engineer will be responsible for migrating to the cloud, and optimizing our customers’ databases and data flows and enrich our operational and functional data flows with AI/ML algorithms.
As Data Engineer will be optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You will support new systems designs and migration of existing ones, working closely with solutions architects, project managers and data scientists. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our customers’ data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives and machine learning systems.
- Keep our customers’ data separated and secure to meet compliance and regulations requirements.
- Design, Build and Operate the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud (mainly AWS) migration and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Optimize various RDBMS engines in the cloud and solve customers' security, performance and operation problems.
- Design, Build and Operate large, complex data lakes that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Optimize various data types ingestion, storage, processing and retrieval from near real-time events, and IoT, to unstructured data as images, audio, video and documents, and in between.
- Use Jupyter Notebooks to build and deploy ML models.
- Work with customers' and internal stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, Software Development and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure and business needs.
Summary of Experience
- B.S.c in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, or another quantitative field.
- More than 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL or Postgres and DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, EMR, Redshift etc.
- Experience with functional and scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with various ML models for classification, scoring and more.
- Experience with Deep Learning Neural Networks (Convolution, NLP etc.)
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.